Udumalpet to Chinnar Travel Tips:
Udumalpet is often called as Poor man’s OOTY. It is the only city which holds Dam, Hills, River, Nature, Temple, Village, PanjaLinga Temple and much more. The border of Tamilnadu and Kerala arrives here. Join the Largest Facebook community to know more about Udumalai. Also called as Udumalai and Udumalaipettai.
About Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary:
Chinnar is a place where temple and river exists. It is the border of TN-KL. It will come under Manupatti village. You can found Mountain Dwellers (மலைவாழ் மக்கள்) inside the Chinnar area. You need to walk over 2 km to see them. If you require visiting the temple, that will charge you 2 km from Chinnar main road. 2kms ? No worries they will arrange some vehicle to reach the temple. Your vehicles are not allowed inside the hill to enter the temple.
Photospots / Photography:
On Road Tips by Tamilnadu Tourism:
- Start your trip at 7 am in Udumalpet.
- 7.30-8.00am. Had your tea break at KickGrass, Pallapalayam.
- 8.00-8.15am. You’ll reach Alambalayam, Kurichikottai.
- Fill your fuel in Alambalayam, because this is the last petrol punk in Tamilnadu while going Udumalpet to Chinnar.
- You’ll reach Checkpost, and your vehicle got verified by Police (Drinks are not allowed).
- 8.45am. You are about to enter hill area after check post.
- You are about to drive two hairpin bends.
- Turn your cameras on and try to focus on Elephants.
- 9.15 am. You will reach Chinnar. Park your vehicle and get confirmation from Forest police and go ahead inside Hills about 2 km.
- You’ve reached hills. Then it’s your turn to enjoying your memorial day at Chinnar.
“September – December is the Best time to visit Chinnar”
Things you need to carry:
- Raincoat(If you travel by Bike)
- Fill Fuel because your destination doesn’t have Petrol punk.
- You may allow swimming. Plan accordingly.
- Trucking Shoes/Sports Shoes are recommended while going inside the hill.
- Bluetooth Speaker makes your bath more enjoyable.
- Take oil and go. Refresh yourself with Massage by your friend’s hand.
Please leave your comments to help others to reach here.